The research group of Architecture and Building Systems (A/S), lead by Prof. Arno Schlueter, applies and adapts methods and techniques of data/information modeling and artificial intelligence for the modeling, design, simulation and operation of energy efficient and sustainable buildings.
This currently comprises of the following fields:
• Systems identification and automated creation of thermal building models from sensor data
• Occupancy prediction and comfort preference learning for energy efficient and comfortable building controls
• Building operational data analytics for pattern recognition and fault detection of technical building systems (heating, cooling, lighting, ventilation systems)
• Human-building interfaces for the control of building systems (e.g. voice recognition)
• Web-service based Building Information Modeling and cross-domain data exchange
• Simulation model calibration and meta-modeling of dynamic energy simulation