Research in the LAMP focuses on the following topics:
• Production of nanoparticulate powder by RF inductively coupled plasma atomization and condensation, spheroidization and modification of micron-sized powders, transport of flowable and unflowable powders. Characterization of powders.
• Thermodynamics of alloys and composites for laser melting deposition, modelling of laser additive manufacturing.
Real-time in-situ observation of melting and solidification by X-ray and neutron tomography.
• In-situ real time optical and acoustic signal detection, interpretation and process control of long pulsed laser melt
processes. Real time spectroscopic inspection of plasma and laser processes. High speed and spectroscopic laser welding plume characterization.
• Direct metal deposition of silicon from very fine powder (< 5 micrometers diameter).
• Focused Electron Beam Induced Processing (FEBIP) precursor selection for etching and deposition processes.
Letzte Aktualisierung: 09.11.2018